From Security perspective – a Chrome OS device does not require Antivirus
- Read-only; installed apps and extensions can’t modify OS
- Sandboxing isolates all attacks to a limited surface
- Verified Boot prevents boot up of tampered device
- Review process required for all extensions and apps
From OS perspective – OS updates happen without interruption for the user
- No downtime; updates happen in the background while users work
- Two versions of OS on device means one can be used while the other gets updated
- Update applies on reboot taking a matter of seconds to complete
From a management perspective – Device management with over 200+ policies
- User and device policies
- Fleet management
- Bulk printer configuration
- Access management
From a User Perspective – Starts fast, stays Fast:
- Reduce downtime for your employees
- Devices boot in under 10 sec
- Regular OS updates that run in the background
- Easy to use device
- Perfect device to split professional and personal use
From price perspective – Chrome Devices are cost effective, year on year.
As a Chrome Enterprise you will spend less money on:
- Hardware – avoiding Hardware Updates
- Software/License – Simplified Software Updates and Simpler OS Patching
- Energy Consumption – A Chromebooks battery (fully charged) is good for 8 to 12 hours
- Maintenance and Support – No Device/Data back ups – no anti virus
- Admin tasks – Less support – no patching of devices – setup of new Chromebook takes 5 minutes
Chrome OS comes in many flavors & forms
What are the benefits for your company?
You as a customer save money and it’s not the less expensive device alone, it’s also less time spent on managing, patching & updating devices for IT Service Desk employees.
On the other hand the user will never experience downtime when the device is being updated. The ease of use, the simplicity of the OS and safe environment that it creates is farout the biggest user advantage.
Remember, Chrome OS is not limited to use with G Suite only – it can be used for O 365 or as a device to use for VDI (accessing a Virtual Machine).
Is your company ready for Chrome Enterprise & do you want to get powerful insights on what type of workers exist in your company? Find out here and contact us today for a free audit.