Address Validation API
Provide users with a streamlined experience for entering, validating, and correcting addresses during signup, checkout, or shipping. The Address Validation allows validation and correction of address inputs with Places data powered by Google Maps Platform.
The challenge of address entry
At the heart of many of these challenges is a single, often overlooked challenge: entering an address.
Simply put, a lot depends on getting addresses right. It has a direct impact on the experience of your customers, their lifetime value (from returning customers vs. lost customers through failed deliveries), the efficiency of your operation, and even your brand’s reputation.
With the address validation API of Google you can:
- Improve conversion with a quick and frictionless checkout process
- Display the inputted address for visual confirmation
- Improve accuracy for billing, shipping, and delivery
- Correct and confirm user-entered addresses
Challenge #1: Checkout
Sign-up and checkout friction
- Address entry is slow and error-prone
- Mobile devices make the problem worse
- New accounts and shopping carts are routinely abandoned as a result—as high as 70%
Challenge #2: Delivery
Failed and delayed deliveries
- Customer dissatisfaction
- Lost revenue
- Increased customer support calls and costs
- Lost long-term customers
Challenge #3:Fraud risk
Failed payments & refunds
- Need an efficient way to verify identities at account sign-up
- Costs and risk complications when proof of address is not used, or is inaccurate
Address Validation API fixes this
Here are the most important benefits of using the Address Validation API
Autocomplete saves time & reduces errors
Use case #1
Retail and E-commerce
Address Validation is right at home in retail and e-commerce, where it makes it easier to correct addresses proactively and better predict delivery challenges. In turn, this reduces failed and missed deliveries, minimizing costly complications in the process.
In the process, it improves customer experience as well, reducing checkout friction by offering consumers easy address corrections.
Use case #2
Transportation and Logistics
By enriching addresses with new levels of precision, transportation and logistics can benefit as well. Drivers can save time, mistyped addresses can be identified and corrected more easily, and couriers can be routed more reliably to the customer’s door.